RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

RMParadise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Paradise for RPGMakers.

Welcome everyone to RMP, your very own RPGMaker Paradise.
If you are reading this, that means that you are one of the select few who have been invited to experience our site as a Beta User.
Being a Beta User only requires that you report any bugs and/or problems upon finding them.
You get the chance to have free roam over the boards before they are public and are further up in line for promotions (which will be happening very soon, so stay on your best behavior).
Check out the thread for the RMP Beta Contest. Lets get some new content rolling.
Chat

Host Switch: Please Read, this is IMPORTANT

Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Host Switch: Please Read, this is IMPORTANT Empty Host Switch: Please Read, this is IMPORTANT

Post by Hyde Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:18 am

Hello everyone. I dont think I can start this off with good news this time, but I promise it will get better.

Today, we have run into some site-wide bugs that have made us really think. These bugs have tricked us time and time again while trying to figure out where the problem is, but everytime we fix them, they come right back. This is not 100% our fault though.

Forumotion over the years has been known as a very powerful forum host. It allows free forums to be made with ease, but customizing said forums is not one of Forumotion's strong points. That said, forumotion also tend to make it rather difficult for programmers to work as we do not get full reign over all the code that makes the site work. This issue is the root of our problem and is why we can not get rid of the bugs that have taken control of our website.

After some discussion, it has recently been decided that before we go live, it is in our best interest to change hosts so that we do not run into this problem again when we are out of BETA. Net and I have recently opened RMP on Zetaboards. We would like to start migrating RMP from here to the new site immediately. Lets go through a few things though before we do.

The new site is not as polished as this one yet as it is only a few hours old. On top of that, Migrating will require each member to start anew with their threads. This is ok though as transferring a thread is as easy as just copying and pasting the old thread into it's new location. You can do that by going to your thread, clicking edit, highlighting all of the text you want to transfer, press CTRL+C, and then just paste it into a new topic on the new site.

Lets see the pros and cons of us changing sites:

Cons -
    Each member will have to start over with threads and posts
    Threads will have to be transferred
    The new site will not look as polished at first

Pros -
    The new site has been built much more stable and less buggy
    Zetaboards opens up TONS of new feature possibilities (Including a few that were turned down due to Forumotion)
    New site has the chance to look much better and feel more fluid than this one ever could

Anyways, I would like to apologize to everyone for the confusion and hassle. We really didnt want to have to do this, but I believe that this will pay off in the end for us as a community. And, making the migration now will be much easier than after we go live. And do not worry, no forum events have been canceled due to this migration. The RMP Beta contest is still underway and is even marked on the calendar on the new site.

Anyways, thank you everyone for being patient through all of this. I realize that some of you may not make this migration with us, but i truly hope that you all will. I am so glad that we have all gathered together here, but now it is time for us to make a move.

I will see you all over at the new site. Bring your stuff with you!

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:50 am