RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

RMParadise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Paradise for RPGMakers.

Welcome everyone to RMP, your very own RPGMaker Paradise.
If you are reading this, that means that you are one of the select few who have been invited to experience our site as a Beta User.
Being a Beta User only requires that you report any bugs and/or problems upon finding them.
You get the chance to have free roam over the boards before they are public and are further up in line for promotions (which will be happening very soon, so stay on your best behavior).
Check out the thread for the RMP Beta Contest. Lets get some new content rolling.
Chat

3 posters

Theme Problems

Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Theme Problems Empty Theme Problems

Post by Hyde Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Hello Everyone. It is now 8:43 here and I would like everyone to know that we are experiencing some technical difficulties right now with our theme. Do not worry or panic. We are and will be working to get the problem fixed as soon as we can. Thank you for being patient.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Theme Problems Empty Re: Theme Problems

Post by Hyde Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Also, any who is good with coding, I could use a bit of help in figuring out what the hell is wrong.
    Reisen
    Reisen

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-25
    Posts Posts : 44
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 7

Post by Reisen Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 pm

If someone (who isn't the creator of the forums entirely) changed the whole theme, (as far as I know) there would be problems.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 pm

I mean someone who could help me out with coding. Thats all. I cant seem to figure out where the problem is.

And while I am here, is everyone else seeing the same thing going on?
    Reisen
    Reisen

Post by Reisen Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Oh. Well, I can definitely see the background messed up and the avatars have no opacity.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Problem is, I am not sure what is going on and I cant seem to get ahold of Net right now.

I am half tempted to move over to Zetaboards. May not be as easy to get up and running, but it is more powerful in most ways and customizable. Problem there though would be having to move everyone there. Guess it is good that we arent live yet.
    Reisen
    Reisen

Post by Reisen Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 am

Forumotion is abit tricky when it comes to theme managing but everything else is pretty easy even when in Advanced mode. :P I hope everything's going to be fixed so we don't have to move to Zetaboards, it's gonna be too much work for you and Net again :P
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:11 am

I just need Net to get on and stay here for just a little bit. I could use a second eye to try and find the bug.

Worse comes to worse, We can just change the theme here. That would set our coding back fresh and then we can just build it back up how we want.

However, I am looking at our other options just in case something goes wrong. Always have a backup.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-31
    Posts Posts : 67
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 8

Post by Nethaera Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:28 am

It's all easily fixed guys. The opacity is gone because Hyde did a backup of the whole site, unfortunately though the bug has still messed with the backup theme. I can fix it quite easily. I might suggest going to zetaboards though, forumotion is a handfull when you don't exactly know what you're doing. It's also difficult in adding uniqueness.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 am

Do you know a bit about coding with Zetaboards? If so, we could probably give that a shot.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 am

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience, however I am sure it is all just coding - I could give it a try easily. I'd also like to stress that this bug has nothing to do with my doing. I wanted to try a theme change - it didn't work so I went back to the backup of the site before I even did anything - it is simply a bug, it is very common.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 am

Well, I am going to do something that will take me about an hour or so. Would you mind running through the stuff here and see if you can spot what is going on? If you cant, so be it. I am thinking Forumotion wasnt our best choice really.

Also, we dont blame you, trust me. We ran into some huge problems with Olympian a while back, but we also had and actual Forumotion employee who helped out with our coding back then, lol. He knew the site so well that he could tell where a bug was just by looking at the site.

Net, I will PM you on here when I am done with what I am planning. Then I want your opinion after that.

Anyways, this is for anyone reading this.

If we do make a transition over to Zetaboards, I would like to make it a smooth one. I will deal with most of the technicalities, but this would require us to manually move our topics. However, this is mostly just a copy and paste job.
    I could, however, use some help in the graphics department. If we are going to move to Zetaboards, we are going to make it look damn good.
    Reisen
    Reisen

Post by Reisen Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 am

I'm up for it, Hyde. I find it sad that everything was going awesome until this damn bug messed it up. I'LL FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF HELL AND HEAVEN HYDE.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:32 am

Such Loyalty. Im glad I have such good friends around.

For anyone reading, I am very sorry for this mix up. Forumotion is a very nice provider, but its coding is very crude and leaves us very open for bugs like this one. However, if we do make a transition to Zetaboards, it will be for the better. Sure, we will have to start our threads over, but our site will be more powerful, allow ALOT of new features, and even allow us to provide user-side themes (this is where you can choose which theme you would like to view the board in instead of only being allowed one single one).

I am sorry again, but I think this will be for the best. Please everyone bear with me and thank you all for being patient. I will provide a URL for the updated site right away if we decide to make the change.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:40 am

Yes, I'm awesome. You can thank me later.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:43 am

Wait, what? lol
    Thank you about the Zetaboard thing?
    Im confused.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 am

I fixed the site. It's back to normal, haha.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:48 am

It looks the same on my end.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:49 am

It was fixed but it went back to the normal stage - urgghh. So, Hyde when are you going to message me? Would it be easier to go onto Facebook or something, do you have that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:37 pm