RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

RMParadise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Paradise for RPGMakers.

Welcome everyone to RMP, your very own RPGMaker Paradise.
If you are reading this, that means that you are one of the select few who have been invited to experience our site as a Beta User.
Being a Beta User only requires that you report any bugs and/or problems upon finding them.
You get the chance to have free roam over the boards before they are public and are further up in line for promotions (which will be happening very soon, so stay on your best behavior).
Check out the thread for the RMP Beta Contest. Lets get some new content rolling.
Chat

4 posters

RMP Beta Contest

Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

RMP Beta Contest Empty RMP Beta Contest

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:42 am

RMP Beta Contest

Hey guys, Hyde here, bringing everyone our very first contest. This contest should be a fun one seeing how it is limited to only our Beta Members. Lets go over a few rules before we get started, ok?

Rules:

All content must be original to you. Do not post content from someone else at all.

All Content must be started after the date and time of this post and completed before or on the contest due date. No late submissions will be accepted.

All content from this particular contest must be for RMP. Content can later be posted elsewhere, but it must be an RMP original.

Ok, now that rules are done, lets get down to business. Our first ever RMP official contest will be themed. Our theme for this contest will be...

RMP Exclusives

RMP Exclusives is a theme that deals with... you guessed it... Exclusive content to RMP. As our site will very soon be going public, we would like to be able to offer something special to the community upon their arrival. We would like for them to come to us in awe and remember our community for our hard work. Now, even though this contest deals with coming up with original content specifically for RMP, it is allowed to later post said content on other websites (maybe even with a link or advertisement for RMP, hint hint, lol). So lets see what kind of submissions will be accepted, shall we?

RM Resources

RM Resources can be any of the following:
    Sprites
    Tiles
    WindowSkins
    Icons
    Battlers
    BattleBacks
    Faces/Facesets

With resources, we urge creativity and would like to say that even though a package of resources will be highly looked upon, quality over quantity is still the golden rule here. We would like to see the next great sprite over a hundred different versions of Ralph. However, dont mistake that as saying that recolors and edits will not be accepted. Actually, all content is more than welcome.

Scripts

Any and all are welcome here. Scripts take time and effort, and this is something we know well. Bringing RMP its own exclusive script(s) would be quite the prize on its own, so therefore scripting has it's advantages in the contest.

However, just throwing down some cheesy script wont automatically win you an award though. Creativity is again a factor here. Neatness is something that also comes into play with scripts for the contest. Make sure your script is well documented and can easily be used by both master and novice RMers.

I may suggest taking a look into a new thread that was recently created.
    https://rmparadise.forumotion.com/t36-rgss3-script-ideas
    That may help out with some script ideas.

Final Notes

Ok everyone, you know what is required to take part in this. The main prize for winning this first contest will be a profile Trophy. However, this trophy will be like none other for the rest of RMP's future. This is because it will be the one and only BETA Trophy, which will in time become the rarest one of all.

So, from the moment you read this and onward, you can begin your submission. The deadline is this...

Contest Ends: Friday, June 22nd, 2012

Some time after then will the contest be judged and a winner will be chosen. I hope you all have a wonderful day and have fun working on winning. See you all next time!

Last edited by Hyde on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Omegas7
    Omegas7
    I'm a new member :)
    I'm a new member :)

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-25
    Posts Posts : 9
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 2

RMP Beta Contest Empty Re: RMP Beta Contest

Post by Omegas7 Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:54 am

Where do submissions go?
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:58 am

Oh sorry, forgot to specify that.

Submissions can either go as a reply here or can be posted within their respected forums (Resources in the resource forums, scripts in script forums, etc).

However, if your post your submission in any other forum/thread than this one, please post here what you posted, and link to your thread, and add "[Contest]" to your thread title.

Most likely though, it would be better to post things here.
    Reisen
    Reisen

Posts Posts : 44
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 7

Post by Reisen Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Yay! A contest :P Luckily I've been creating edited tiles. I might be able to submit it before due time.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-31
    Posts Posts : 67
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 8

Post by Nethaera Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 pm

@Reisen; "All Content must be started after the date and time of this post" :?:
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Well, I think that as long as Reisen posts what she has done since the start of the contest and states what exactly is contest content, then we should be fine. However, I do agree that content for the contest should be mostly just for this particular contest and be created from this point on.
    Reisen
    Reisen

Post by Reisen Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:21 am

Fortunately, it has never been distributed nor been shown to any of the RMing sites. And what do you guys mean by "All Content must be started after the date and time of this post"? D:
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:30 am

Well, my biggest reason for adding that rule was so that we can get content that will only be used here. So if you havent yet posted it somewhere else, then I see no reason why you wouldnt be able to post it here for the contest. So you have my permission.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:43 pm

This is a great contest idea, so I'm going to get started! RMP Beta Contest 680781760
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Ok, just checking in on everyone.

How is everything going with the contest?
    Who all is planning on doing something?
    Would anyone like to give us a preview?
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 am

I was thinking of writing up a secret script - I brainstormed some ideas and am getting started soon. I'll keep you updated.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:48 am

Ok, just to update the prize.

First Place will get:
    +100 Exp.
    +25 Rep.
    THE Beta Contest Trophy

Second Place will get:
    +50 Exp.
    +15 Rep.

Third Place will get:
    +30 Exp.
    +10 Rep.

Other Participants will get:
    +20 Exp.
    +5 Rep
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:29 am

Cool prizes, Hyde! RMP Beta Contest 804925939
    Reisen
    Reisen

Post by Reisen Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:45 am

Yep. This is gonna boost people's productivity speed surely, especially the trophy. Kukukukuku. >:3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content