RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

RMParadise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Paradise for RPGMakers.

Welcome everyone to RMP, your very own RPGMaker Paradise.
If you are reading this, that means that you are one of the select few who have been invited to experience our site as a Beta User.
Being a Beta User only requires that you report any bugs and/or problems upon finding them.
You get the chance to have free roam over the boards before they are public and are further up in line for promotions (which will be happening very soon, so stay on your best behavior).
Check out the thread for the RMP Beta Contest. Lets get some new content rolling.
Chat

4 posters

Nethaera's RMParadise Introduction

Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-31
    Posts Posts : 67
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 8

Nethaera's RMParadise Introduction Empty Nethaera's RMParadise Introduction

Post by Nethaera Thu May 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Greetings, you may call me Nethaera.

I'm pretty fly with the ladies, hopefully assuming that there are, of course, any actual girls in this community, and not a 60 year old man who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children behind a computer screen. Not that I came here looking for any - I'm talking about the girls, not the pedophiles.

About Myself:
    My hobbies are listening to music; playing guitar (without lessons); video games (PC and XBOX360), and there are others, I just can't think right now. My relationship status is single, I recently went through a heartbreak. Sadness. My favourite bands are AC/DC, Linkin Park, Ozzy, Theory of a Deadman, Nickleback, Metallica, Drowning Pool, DragonForce, Bullet For My Valentine, and others, I still can't think. My education is that I am still in High School, senior year to be factual. My favourite movies are Family Guy: Star Wars, Prince of Persia, Transformers 1, 2 and 3, and more. My favourite TV shows are Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park and others... Pretty much all that crude stuff. My favourite video games are Assassins Creed 1, 2 and 3, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and others. Finally, I dislike rudeness, computers lagging or errors, and a lot more, but I don't want to whine.

My biggest interest when it comes to Game Design is designing unique bosses and maps. That being said, I'm not sure what RPG Maker ACE is. Is everyone still using the VX engine to create games, or has everyone moved on to ACE already? What's going on there?
    DawningStar
    DawningStar
    I'm a new member :)

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-29
    Posts Posts : 65
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 9

Nethaera's RMParadise Introduction Empty Re: Nethaera's RMParadise Introduction

Post by DawningStar Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Hey, i'm Dawningstar! Nice to meet a fellow game maker here.

As to awnser your question about ace...

Rpg maker Ace is basically a better version of Vx, modified to carry over all of the best aspects from the other game makers such as Vx and Xp... almost everything is compatible with ace as with Vx, the exception being scripts

Anyways though, nice to seet you and hopefully i'll see you around the forums!
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 pm

So, if I had made a game in RPG Maker XP - I could convert everything but scripts to the new ACE engine?
    DawningStar
    DawningStar

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-29
    Posts Posts : 65
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 9

Post by DawningStar Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 am

Well, maybe not from Xp... I honestly have no idea why I placed THAT in my explanation! XD But yeah, you could convert almost everything from VX... do know though that you cant actually move maps in between the two, but you can make them look identical... here just go to this link... I was about as confused as you were when I first joined and this helped out alot!

https://rmparadise.forumotion.com/t20-is-it-compatible
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 am

Welcome to the community Nethaera. I am glad you decided to come and stay a while with us.

And for the ACE thing. VX ACE is the next maker in line after RPG Maker VX developed by Enterbrain. The major differences between VX and VX ACE are the multiple tilesets, character generator, and RGSS3 (which is so far the most powerful form of scripting). VX and XP scripts can not be transferred over. VX graphics can mostly all be transferred over with little to no editing, while XP graphics can be transferred over with quite a bit of editing involved.

I hope I cleared a little bit up. However, I just noticed that DawningStar already gave you a link, so sorry for recycled info.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:01 am

I'm a little confused. How long is this website going to be running for? Is it just a test and how long will we be in beta for? :shock:
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:12 am

This website will be around for as long as people want to stay. And we will be leaving Beta rather soon actually. I am about to host a Beta Specific contest, and then we are going right into public release, which I hope goes over well.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:15 am

Alright, sounds cool. 8)
    Reisen
    Reisen

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-25
    Posts Posts : 44
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 7

Post by Reisen Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Nickleback, Linkin Park. -high five- *cough* I love your avatar by the way. As for me, I'm still using RPG Maker VX but everyone seems to prefer ACE nowadays because of the new features. (Actually they're from XP mostly) I'm Reisen by the way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:49 pm