RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

RMParadise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Paradise for RPGMakers.

Welcome everyone to RMP, your very own RPGMaker Paradise.
If you are reading this, that means that you are one of the select few who have been invited to experience our site as a Beta User.
Being a Beta User only requires that you report any bugs and/or problems upon finding them.
You get the chance to have free roam over the boards before they are public and are further up in line for promotions (which will be happening very soon, so stay on your best behavior).
Check out the thread for the RMP Beta Contest. Lets get some new content rolling.
Chat

5 posters

Omega Lunar Map Editor

Omegas7
    Omegas7
    I'm a new member :)

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-25
    Posts Posts : 9
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 2

Omega Lunar Map Editor Empty Omega Lunar Map Editor

Post by Omegas7 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:51 am

Omega Lunar Map Editor Title

Omega Lunar Map Editor Introduction-1
    Hello everyone. One year ago, I had this little idea floating around, but never had the chance to develop it too much until recently. Codenamed Lunar Crystal, this Windows application is a map editor. Head to the F.A.Q below to understand why was this created - for now, let us focus on what this is.

You can make excellent maps with this, but do note, this is not for newbies. If you are interested in creating detailed maps with some advanced features and utilities, this application may interest you. It DOES consume more time than normal, but this isn't about time. This is about quality mapping. These are rather early stages of development, and there is so much more we can add/improve. Your comments are welcome. Read the F.A.Q.

Omega Lunar Map Editor Features-1

• Unlimited tilesets

• Each tileset follows VX's format: 512x512

• Unlimited layers

• Make organized, detailed maps with all layers you want.

• Pixel-precision object placement

• Choose the graphic you wish, and put it anywhere on the map. You are not limited by any grid at all - just like parallax mapping.

• Pixel-precision collision editor

• Given you can put anything anywhere, the player will also be able to move anywhere (pixel-precise), so now you can quickly tell the passable areas right in the editor! (see guidemap for more explanation).

• Animated objects

• Animate your own objects with any size and frames and speed you wish.

• Real-time preview of animated objects

• While creating your map, see your animated objects already with life right in the application!

• Fill floor with tiles

• Need to make some ground quickly? Just choose your tile(s), click a button, and instantly fill the layer with it!

• Chain placement

• You may create perfectly aligned rows/columns of a certain object with this powerful feature!

• Export to raw data, interpret in many ways

• Lunar can export to simple, text info. VX, Ace, and even other game engines can read the data and compress it in their own way. (VX will have a script to convert to secure data, for instance).

• Run-time map generation during gameplay

• Lunar doesn't create a huge image for you to use in parallax mapping - instead, Lunar's data is used to build the map during the game - saving valuable disk space!

• Quickly save/load Lunar files.
    • Nearly infinite undo/redo.
    • Quickly edit lighting spots within Lunar to produce lighting in your game.

• Existing lighting scripts can be used along with such spots.
      • Preview screen tint color right in Lunar.

• So much more, and suggestions always welcome!

Omega Lunar Map Editor Guidemap-1
    A simple and quick overview. It lacks some information, but it is good to get a basic idea of Lunar.
    Spoiler:

Omega Lunar Map Editor Credits-1
    Some people I'd like to thank due to their support in some way toward this project (whether they knew about it or not):
    Catcat helped me arrange some of Celianna's wall tilesets for usage with Lunar.
    Celianna gave me permission to use her tiles for Lunar testing and distribution.
    Xiie and Zadorain are into beta testing sometime soon.
    Buju made some animated water tiles (actually, he made them in exchange for that Barter script thing...). Unfortunately, I will not be using them. However, he did made an 8-directional Aluxes character too which I might actually use.

Omega Lunar Map Editor Support-1
    Lunar is a new project under early development stages. There are many ways you can help us:

• Post, comment, give feedback, etc. Be active with us, let us know your ideas, and let other people know about Lunar.
    • Are you an artist? Have you ever made tiles? Post or PM me along with the graphics giving me permission to distribute them along with Lunar - so Lunar can start off with a large graphic base immediately! We can also keep using your talents, so just let us know.

Omega Lunar Map Editor FAQ-1
    Will it support VX and Ace?
    We're focusing on VX. If things go right, Ace support should be available soon as well.
    When will this be ready?
    I have other projects, some similar to this, and also school. It is not possible to state an accurate release date - and I don't dare to make a guess.
    So will this support pixel-movement?
    It should give the option to both use pixel-movement mode (with a separate script) or tiled mode (VX default). If you choose to use pixel-movement for player/events, you'll have to set collision properties with Lunar.
    What will Lunar actually "produce"? A large image? Data?
    When you are comfortable with your map, Lunar can export to a generic, plain text file. From that point, you can use a script made for VX that will convert such text data into actual rvdata, which will be used for generating the maps in your game. Lunar produces no images - saving nice disk space.
    How will I edit events?
    I haven't touched that area much. There are many proposals: perhaps Lunar can also export a big image version of the map so you can use as a reference when placing events in the game. Or maybe Lunar will setup "spots" that can be associated with your events, so it is just a matter of positioning the spots in Lunar, and editing the event's content on VX.
    Is this better than parallax mapping?
    It has some advantages. Aside from saving disk space, it can also set collision rectangles for pixel movement rather easily. If planned properly, it may be optimized enough to run smoothly. It is quite a matter of what you actually need for your game. This is debatable, but this is not the place for such.
    Is Lunar free for commercial usage?
    Yes, just remember to credit me through [Omegas7, J.V Wong, or www.omega-dev.net/forums]
    However, the graphics you used to create the maps have their own usage terms and you will have to contact their respective artists about them.

Last edited by Omegas7 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-31
    Posts Posts : 67
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 8

Omega Lunar Map Editor Empty Re: Omega Lunar Map Editor

Post by Nethaera Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:58 am

It is a shame some of the images are cut off by the width of the forums - yet this is an awesome Map Editor Omegas7.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 am

Oh wow, Omegas... So this is what you have been busy with...
    This is... Amazing to say the least.

I kind of geeked out a bit there. This looks to be maybe one of the best programs out there for RMing.
    Omegas7
    Omegas7

Posts Posts : 9
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 2

Post by Omegas7 Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:56 am

Hyde wrote:Oh wow, Omegas... So this is what you have been busy with...

Nah, I've been busy with college and other projects mainly and that's actually why Lunar is coming up slowly XD.

But thanks.
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:00 am

oh, lol. Well, college does take priority, I will admit.
    However, I have to say that this is very impressive.
    DawningStar
    DawningStar

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-29
    Posts Posts : 65
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 9

Post by DawningStar Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 am

Wow, this looks really amazing! I really do hope that you are able to finish this someday! If you did you would effectively eliminate multiple scripts and get very close to creating the "Perfect" rpg maker! Let me know if you ever need help with anything, I would be glad too.
    Reisen
    Reisen

Posts Posts : 44
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 7

Post by Reisen Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:37 pm

It's *Xiie, Omegas. ; n; Or change it to Reisen else no Claire for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 pm