RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

RMParadise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Paradise for RPGMakers.

Welcome everyone to RMP, your very own RPGMaker Paradise.
If you are reading this, that means that you are one of the select few who have been invited to experience our site as a Beta User.
Being a Beta User only requires that you report any bugs and/or problems upon finding them.
You get the chance to have free roam over the boards before they are public and are further up in line for promotions (which will be happening very soon, so stay on your best behavior).
Check out the thread for the RMP Beta Contest. Lets get some new content rolling.
Chat

4 posters

Hyde's Simple Tiles

Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Hyde's Simple Tiles Empty Hyde's Simple Tiles

Post by Hyde Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:37 am

Hello everyone. Well, I figured today that I can't be a very good Admin if I never posted anything from myself, so I decided that I would give everyone some of my own tiles.

While working on RockTopia, I began creating special tiles that would help my game get more of a Rock N Roll feel. So far, I really only have two finished tiles and one that needs some extra work, but I will give you guys what I have so that you may put them to use.

Hyde's Simple Tiles GuitarAmp

First, we have a guitar amplifier. I know that it looks somewhat odd, but I would like to point out that the controls are meant to be on the top, not on the front. That threw some people off when I started putting it on the WIP thread on RPGMakerWeb.

Hyde's Simple Tiles PosterBoxHyde's Simple Tiles PosterBoxPhantomHyde's Simple Tiles PosterBoxguitarHyde's Simple Tiles PosterBoxHydeHyde's Simple Tiles HydeBoxIIHyde's Simple Tiles NetBoxHyde's Simple Tiles ReisenBox

This is a type of poster box. Think about when you go to the movies or to a play theater. They always put movie posters in glass cases out front so they can advertise upcoming movies/plays. That is exactly what these are. The first one is a blank case so that you can put whatever graphic you want behind it using a photo editing program. The second and third are just some examples of how it can be used. (Note that the second is for the Phantom of the Opera. I do not own PotO, and I do not take credit for owning it. I just recreated it's logo because it is very widely known.) The Last four are all avatars of our staff. Just in case you want to have a shoutout in your game, lol.

Hyde's Simple Tiles MetalLattace2PDN

This is the one I still need to touch up. The shadows tend to be a bit messed up, but I just never find the time to fix them. This is supposed to be the metal lighting trusses that you will find at concerts that they attach the lighting system to. However, you can honestly use them however you see fit. But, I cant say that I will have time right away to fix them. If you are talented with editing and want to fix them, be my guest.

Spoiler:
    That there is a basketball court that I did for a member over on RPGMakerWeb. He requested a basketball court for his game and I decided that I would post it here for you guys to use as well... Just in case. It was made to work on any floor tiles you want to use (just in case you want to have a basketball court on wood, concrete, or even atop that huge mountain for that epic game of HORSE to the death with the final boss). Note that the left side is shorter than the right. This is so the whole thing would fit in a single tileset. To fix this in-game, use the top and bottom double line tiles to fill in the extra column. You can also use this method to make the whole thing longer or shorter.

Ok, that is what I have for now. I can't promise that I will have anything new for a little while, but if I make anything else, I will post it here for sure.

Credit wise, I dont require it. If you use these for anything, I will be happy with you just posting here mentioning the fact that you are and what for. I really only put work into the guitar amp (as most of it is original)(Truss was made by editing the jail tiles from RTP, Case made from the cupboards), so it isnt like I had to do alot to make these.

Also, if you would like a graphic put behind the case and you need someone to do it for you, just post here and I will do it for you whenever I get the time.

Last edited by Hyde on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:58 am; edited 4 times in total
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-31
    Posts Posts : 67
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 8

Hyde's Simple Tiles Empty Re: Hyde's Simple Tiles

Post by Nethaera Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 am

They look great! A concert stage would be fantastic. :o
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 am

Lol, that what I used them on too. There is a scene where the main characters try out for Battle of the Bands.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 am

Oh, that would be a cool scene - maybe we could have a scene competition...
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:09 am

Well, seeing as the whole game was influenced by Brutal Legend, I plan to have alot of fun scenes, lol.

But yes, a cutscene competition would be unique.
    Sepulchrum
    Sepulchrum
    I'm a new member :)

Registered on Registered on : 2012-06-04
    Posts Posts : 11

Post by Sepulchrum Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:37 am

That amplifier looks real sweet, Hyde. And I love they way you made the posters. They can be real useful if anyone is working on a game that involves around the current time.

Great job with the tiles. Love them!
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:40 am

Just got done with my basketball court. Did it for a request that I saw on another site. Note that it is a full tileset and is ready to be used in either VX or Ace.
    Sepulchrum
    Sepulchrum

Post by Sepulchrum Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:43 am

My God, that is amazing! Splendid work, Hyde!
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:48 am

Why thank you. I may start work soon (when I get some free time) on making a full modern pack with different odds and ends that you wont normally find in a tileset (like music stuff, sports stuff, games, etc.).

I always look at tilesets and think to myself "that set is nice, but it isn't new. Sure, it is modern, but they all are the same... Chairs, tables, cupboards etc.". What alot of tilesets never give you are the simple little things that people tend to over look. I plan on making those tiles for people to clutter their maps with.
    Sepulchrum
    Sepulchrum

Post by Sepulchrum Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 am

Seeing a modern tileset pack like would be real nice addition to the RPGM world. I can't wait to see what you will create, Hyde. Though I know it's gonna be amazing. Keep up the good work! :)
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Well thank you. I will keep it up.
    Nethaera
    Nethaera
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Nethaera Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:20 pm

A modern tile-set pack would be awesome Hyde! Hyde's Simple Tiles 3112022095
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Added four new poster boxes...
    They are avatars (past avatars in some cases) of our staff. Just in case you were wanting to do a shoutout in your game or something, lol.

Ok, they were cause I was bored. But they are a good example of how they can be used.
    Reisen
    Reisen

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-25
    Posts Posts : 44
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 7

Post by Reisen Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:05 am

Haha, I love that! Put on game posters too! (Final Fantasy, Mario, Sonic etc) :3 I've been stalking this thread, I just couldn't reply because I had nothing to say at the moment. +rep to you Hyde ~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm