RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

RMParadise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Paradise for RPGMakers.

Welcome everyone to RMP, your very own RPGMaker Paradise.
If you are reading this, that means that you are one of the select few who have been invited to experience our site as a Beta User.
Being a Beta User only requires that you report any bugs and/or problems upon finding them.
You get the chance to have free roam over the boards before they are public and are further up in line for promotions (which will be happening very soon, so stay on your best behavior).
Check out the thread for the RMP Beta Contest. Lets get some new content rolling.
Chat

2 posters

Help Me Choose

Poll

What game idea do you like best?

[ 0 ]
    Help Me Choose Vote_lcap0%Help Me Choose Vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Help Me Choose Vote_lcap50%Help Me Choose Vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Help Me Choose Vote_lcap50%Help Me Choose Vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Help Me Choose Empty Help Me Choose

Post by Hyde Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello Everyone. Today I come to you not as the Admin, but as a fellow game maker with a question. One thing that I have particularly fond of doing over the years is working on two projects at one time. I know, you are asking yourself "Why the hell would he do that? Wouldn't that just take more time?". Well, yes, it does, but it also helps save time. Let me explain.

The human mind is sometimes delicate when it comes to dealing with repetitive actions over a large amount of time. If you do the same thing too much, you will become bored or that thing and possibly move on to something else, not wanting to finish the first thing. That happens alot with RPG Maker Projects. People get too into their project, get some done, and then get bored and move on to a new project... never looking back at the old one they worked so hard on. Although this doesn't always happen, it does happen quite alot. To combat this from happening to me, I implemented my own system where I work on two separate projects at one time. When I start to feel bored of working on one even the slightest, I switch over to the other one and pick up where I left off. This allows me to have a change in environment as well as make my mind work a bit harder (having to switch stories and ideas on the drop of a dime can be a challenge sometimes). This has been my system, this is how I do things.

Anyways, I have run into a problem with VX Ace... I have too many things I want to do. I set my priority to RockTopia (RockTopia Project Thread), but what I take on for my second project is beyond me at this point. This is where I would like your help. I am going to list some of my more well thought through plans and stories, and you guys can vote on what one you like the most. Alright, lets do this!

Help Me Choose GodfatherLegacies-2
    Spoiler:

Help Me Choose Dwm2-04
    Temporary Logo

Spoiler:

Help Me Choose AgeOfTheSith
    Spoiler:

In the section labeled "What Kind of Help could I use?", I am not saying that I must require other people to help me. I put that there just in case someone might be interested enough in a project that they might want to help out a bit.

Also, note that each of these would be fangames. I do understand that is sometimes looked down upon, but that is not why I asked for opinions. I would just like to know what everyone thought would be cool and see if anyone would like to work with me a bit.

Also, I personally am leaning toward Dragon Warrior Monsters 2. That is because it is a game that I grew up with and I would love to see be properly remade. But, it would require ALOT of scripting. Good thing is, I have almost all the graphics I would need for it.

Anyways, every have a great day and let me know what they think.
    DawningStar
    DawningStar
    I'm a new member :)

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-29
    Posts Posts : 65
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 9

Help Me Choose Empty Re: Help Me Choose

Post by DawningStar Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 pm

For me this is an easy choice, star wars the old republic, let me explain why...

The Star Wars galaxy for me has always been my most favorite of all of the different possible sci-fi galaxies *except for maybe Starcraft* I feel that this "world" has by far the most opportunity too make not only something interesting, but also something unique. Where as with the godfather game you have a much more defined time-frame and area with Star Wars you can expand almost infinitely on whatever you would like to see! Not only this but it also increases the chance of running not only into more notable characters but also a more open ended game, which is something many RPG's have a huge issue trying to do.

Also, i feel that you have a much better grasp on the Star wars game, not only from the way you phrased it in the text but also where and what you would like to see done with it!

Finally, I think you should do that game just due to the simple reason that Star Wars already has countless stories out there about it. Whether it be fan fiction or an actual book, you will have so much you could build off of or use within your game!

That is just my opinion though, I trust in your gamin abilities and think that you know what type of game you would be best suited towards making! :D
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Wookiepedia my friend, wookiepedia. It is better than reading a damn book. I love that website because just reading about the different stories of star wars is crazy. It is like reading a history book or something. Only Problem I will run into with the Star Wars game though would be that everything would have to happen in less than four months (in-game time of course). This is because in the canon star wars universe, just over a year after KOTOR II, Revan falls in battle and is captured by the Emperor. Then, he was held captive for 300 years until he was set free in The Old Republic.

However, if I stretch canon just a little bit to give myself more time, I think I can really give the player something good to patch up questions about what happened when Meetra and Revan faced the Emperor together.
    DawningStar
    DawningStar

Post by DawningStar Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Yeah, that was what I meant! XD I feel that there are always so many more choices for stories within star wars that it gives you limitless possibilities! I am also still holding onto the hope that you will make it open world! XD
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Hyde Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Oh, it will be open world, dont worry. All my games are.
    DawningStar
    DawningStar

Post by DawningStar Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Thank god! XD For me it isn't a star wars game unless you can waste time wandering! XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am