RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RMParadise

It seems you either have yet to login or are not a member of RMP. If you are not yet a member, please feel free to sign up so that you can unlock every feature our forums have to offer. If you have yet to login, please do so soon.

RMParadise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Paradise for RPGMakers.

Welcome everyone to RMP, your very own RPGMaker Paradise.
If you are reading this, that means that you are one of the select few who have been invited to experience our site as a Beta User.
Being a Beta User only requires that you report any bugs and/or problems upon finding them.
You get the chance to have free roam over the boards before they are public and are further up in line for promotions (which will be happening very soon, so stay on your best behavior).
Check out the thread for the RMP Beta Contest. Lets get some new content rolling.
Chat

3 posters

[-Graphics-] Easy Titlescreen Making

Reisen
    Reisen

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-25
    Posts Posts : 44
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 7

[-Graphics-] Easy Titlescreen Making Empty [-Graphics-] Easy Titlescreen Making

Post by Reisen Wed May 30, 2012 10:04 pm

[-Graphics-] Easy Titlescreen Making XiieGuideToGraphics

Hai guise! Again. :3 In this tutorial, you will learn how to make your own titlescreen or even a game over screen from one background! It also teaches you how to use a bunch of stuff in Photoshop :)

Just follow the steps and you'll probably create your one awesome screen! Let's start shall we?

- Step 1 -
    Before making our screen, we make our file of course. I'm pretty sure the only size available for titlescreens are 544x416 and 640x480. (<-- Using ORIW's script, I don't remember the name :|) I'll make mine the usual size!
    Spoiler:

- Step 2 -
    Get your desired background and paste it into the worksheet. After pasting, we shall twirl the background by (whatever looks satisfying to you) 392. (the background looked satisfying by this number for me)
    Spoiler:

- Step 3 -
    Now we paste another of your background again and we twirl it the opposite side. Set it to Lighten.
    Spoiler:

- Step 4 -
    Well, we paste the background and again. This time we smudge it! :3 Smudge it and smudge it (Any brush is fine) until it looks satisfying to you. Set it to Lighten.
    Spoiler:

- Step 5 -
    We duplicate the smudged background and we flip it horizontally. Set it to Overlay. So we could give off some lightning.
    Spoiler:

- Step 6 -
    Make a new layer adjustment. Click Vibrance to make it a little lighter. The settings would be -30 and +4
    Spoiler:

- Step 7 -
    The last step, hooray! Just add another layer adjustment. Click Selective Color and set the reds' darkness to +54%
    Spoiler:

And we're done! :) If you still want to add more effects, make sure to experiment! >:3 I-M-A-G-I-N-A-T-I-O-N *rainbowswoosh* +_+

My end result
    Spoiler:

I hope this helped you guys and I also hope my explaining wasn't that bad. 3: Regardless of that, happy screen making! XD
    DawningStar
    DawningStar
    I'm a new member :)
    I'm a new member :)

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-29
    Posts Posts : 65
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 9

[-Graphics-] Easy Titlescreen Making Empty Re: [-Graphics-] Easy Titlescreen Making

Post by DawningStar Wed May 30, 2012 10:34 pm

wow, this is great! Have you ever considered making videos of this and putting them on youtube? I would definitely subscribe! :D

Also, what version of photoshop do you use? I know that mine is a little bit outdated so it's nice to have a point of reference when doing these things on your own
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

[-Graphics-] Easy Titlescreen Making Empty Re: [-Graphics-] Easy Titlescreen Making

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 am

Another Tutorial smash hit here. You always do great tutorials.

And with what DawningStar said, YouTube would be really cool.
    That actually gives me a cool idea... Maybe we can have an RMP Channel on YouTube where we can do Tutorial Videos, Game Trailers, and anything related to our site.

I think I am going to look into the YouTube thing once I get finished with a few things around here.
    Reisen
    Reisen

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-25
    Posts Posts : 44
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 7

Post by Reisen Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:35 pm

I don't really know how to record a video. I hate using cams because I'm pretty bad at holding things precisely. Thank you guys, again. :3
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Administrator
    Administrator

Registered on Registered on : 2012-05-18
    Posts Posts : 101
    Rep. Points Rep. Points : 6

Post by Hyde Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Camtasia 7 is what I use to record my screen. I cant even think of ever using a different program because it is just so awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:48 am